Thursday, October 7 - Sunday, October 10, 2010
Conference pictures are now posted! see all
If you want to use wireless lan while at UNL you need to register your computer. Once registered, you will be able to access our network for 30 days. Information can be found here. We highly recommend that you do that before coming to UNL.
Become a fan of the UNL Department of Physics and Astronomy on Facebook!
Announcement (Sept-21-2010): Travel scholarship
We will be able to provide you with travel scholarships if you have made a request during registration. Please send us an email with the dollar amount needed as soon as possible, ideally by Friday, Sept.-24, to email@example.com. Help us save money (thereby allowing us to help more students with travel scholarship) by choosing cheap air fare, sharing cars, etc. Final notices about the scholarship award will be sent out on or after Monday, Sept.-27.
Announcement (Sept-21-2010): Conference information
Announcement (Sept-5-2010): Registration and nominations still open
We're currently accepting nominations of outstanding undergraduate and graduate researchers to invite to present their research projects and results during invited talks. Any outstanding research done by undergraduate or graduate students in the fields of physics, chemistry, astronomy and related disciplines is eligible for nomination. Our organizing committee will select nominated students and invite them to present a talk. Other participants will have the opportunity to present research during poster sessions. Deadline for nominations is September 20. Deadline for online registration is September 30.
Announcement (Sept-3-2010): Tentative speaker list
- Dr. Elsa Garmire (Prof. of Engineering, Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth)
- Dr. Anne-Marie Novo-Gradac (Program Executive, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, DC)
- Dr. Susan D. Allen (Prof., Arkansas Center for Laser Applications and Science, Arkansas State U.)
- Dr. Sandra G. Biedron (Director of the ANL Department of Defense Project Office and Associate Director of the Argonne Accelerator Institute, ARNL)
- Dr. Norna Robertson (Lead Scientist, LIGO Project, California Institute of Technology, and Professor of Physics, University of Glasgow)
- Dr. R. A. Multari (ARA Lead Scientist, Applied Research Associates, Albuquerque)
- Dr. Tatjana Curcic and Dr. Howard Schlossberg (AFOSR Program Manager)
- "Careers in science" session by Dr. S. D. Allen and Dr. R. A. Multari more info...
Materials Research Science and Engineering Center