WoPhyS 2017 - Ninth Annual Conference
"SCI WARS: Join the Rebellion"
Thursday, Nov. 9 - Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017
Here are the winners of the Best Poster Award:
- Dea Alqurwani (Randolph-Macon College): "Electrospinning is a Method of Creating Fibers using Electrostatic Forces"
- Hannah Gulick (University of Iowa): "HaloSat – A CubeSat to Study the Hot Galactic Halo"
- Juliana Herran (University of Northern Iowa): "Atomic Disorder Induced Modification of Magnetization in MnCrVAl"
- Milauni Mehta (The Ohio State University): "Cobalt-Catalyzed Hydroboration of 1,3-(E)-dienes"
- Whitney Harmon (University of Kansas): "Photochromic Switching in the Plasmonic Field of Gold Nanoparticles"
Registration for the 2017 meeting has been incredible! We have reached maximum capacity and were thus forced to close registration. Please contact Jocelyn Bosley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We are looking forward to meeting you in Lincoln in November!
List of Confirmed Speakers:
1) Marisol Alcantara Ortigoza (University of Central Florida / Tuskegee University)
2) Suzanne Amador Kane (Haverford College)
3) Kristen Buchanan (Colorado State University)
4) Ching-Tzu Chen (IBM)
5) Alexandra Dominguez (NASA Marshall Space Flight Center)
6) Sophia Hayes (Washington University in St. Louis)
7) Virginia Lorenz (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
8) Julia H. Majors (American Institute of Physics)
9) Sevil Salur (Rutgers University)
10) Suzanne G.E. te Velthuis (Argonne National Lab)
This years conference will be held on November 9-11, 2017. Please check our web page regularly for updates.
Check out the WoPhyS 2016 Pictures!
Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (Nebraska MRSEC)
Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience