Thursday, October 18 - Saturday, October 20, 2012
Only for WoPhyS12 participants
UNL application fee waiver code: WoPhyS12
WoPhyS 2012 pictures are now posted!
Here are the winners of the Best Poster Award:
- Wenjia Zhang, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI: "Synthesis of Disk Shaped Polystyrene (PS) Particles"
- Hannah Tanquary, Eastern Illinois Univ., Charleston, IL: "Computer Simulations of Wetting for Materials of Varying Wettabilities: An Application of Monte Carlo Simulation"
- Allyson Rice, University of Texas - Austin, TX: "Molecular Motors Kinesin and Dynein Respond Differently to Opposing Force"
- Amanda Turbyfill, University of Texas - Austin, TX: "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy (NMRFM) on Liquids and Soft Matter"
- Omar Vega Manzano, University of Puerto Rico - Humacao, PR: "Dip Pen Nanolithography of PAN (Polyacrylonitrile) for Patterned Carbon Nanotubes"
Get latest updates on WoPhyS12 on Twitter! Follow @iEnders and use the hashtag #WoPhyS12.
Our plenary speakers during the conference are:
Nora Berrah, Western Michigan University
Andrea Holmes, Doane College
Rebecca Lai, UNL Chemistry
Talat Rahman, Univ. of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Beate Schmittmann, Iowa State University
Dale Tupa, Los Alamos National Laboratory
John Woollam, J. A. Woollam Co., Inc.
Stefan Zollner, New Mexico State Univ.
The theme of this year's conference is "The Nanoworld is Not Enough." While we will be highlighting progress in Materials Science, there will also be scientific talks covering all aspects of physics and astronomy. Therefore, undergraduate students with research in all areas of physics, astronomy, chemistry, engineering, or related disciplines are encouraged to attend.
Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (Nebraska MRSEC)
Department of Physics & Astronomy AMO PoE